Peltor TEP-100 | Peltor Hearing Protection Tactical Earbuds
Peltor TEP-100 | Peltor Hearing Protection Tactical Earbuds
This product is built-to-order and quality-tested. Lead times can take up to 120 days (subject to change).
Orders will ship sooner if available.
Shield Your Ears from Potential Damage with TEP-100s
- Superior hearing protection with a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 23 dB
- Level-Dependent environmental microphones and 2 volume levels for optimal sound monitoring
- Convenient carrying and charging case perfect for any high-noise environment
Features and Specifications of the Peltor Tactical Earplugs (TEP-100s)
- Rechargeable electronic earplugs provide the perfect balance of noise reduction and sound amplification, allowing you to experience your environment without discomfort from ear-piercing gunshots or heavy machinery.
- If you're ever stuck in a situation with excessive noise levels, 3M ear protection is optimal! These incredible pieces of technology will attenuate or reduce loud noises by 27 dB or 30 dB with the addition of the Skull Screw Eartips (available for purchase). This means that these earplugs will guard your ears against dangerous noises like helicopters (110dB) and gunshot blasts (140dB). The TEP-100 reduces the 140dB sound of a gunshot down to 113dB which is below the human pain threshold of 130 dB - providing ultimate protection for your hearing.
- Operating this device is incredibly simple: With the use of a single button, turn it on and off, and choose between a high or normal volume setting for optimally experiencing your environment while protecting your ears.
- Boasting up to 16 hours of steady use between charges, Lithium-Ion batteries offer an extraordinary level of power and longevity. Keep your devices charged at all times with the portable charging case, which can be powered either by three AA alkaline batteries or connected to a USB (Micro B) port. This incredible, waterproof case offers up to 16 full recharges or over 250 hours of use off of a single set of 3 AA batteries.
- The TEP-100s not only offer the best ear protectors for shooting but also ensure comfort, you have a selection of three sizes of replaceable ear tips designed to suit any ear size. Choose between UltraFit™ Communication Tip, Triple C Communication Tip or even add on the Skull Screw Communication Tips that offer a 30% increase in noise reduction to ensure ear safety.
- This product is designed to work seamlessly with a wide range of head-borne Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including helmets, hard hats, eyewear, and face shields.
- Attach an optional cord to the earplugs for extra protection and reassurance.
3M TEP-100 Characteristics
Earpiece Power/Electrical Characteristics
Earpiece Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Earpiece Battery Life: Up to 16 hours
Earpiece Battery Charge Time: Approximately 90 minutes
Earpiece Volume Steps: 2 steps, Low and High
Case Battery Type: 3 AA Alkaline Batteries
Case Battery Life: Up to 16 recharging cycles
Case USB Type: Micro B
Waterproof Rating: Complies with IP67 with cover and USB ports closed.
Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): Tested by ANSI S3.19-1974
Case Size: (L x W x H) 4.5” long x 3.1” wide x 1.1” thick (114.2 mm x 78.2 mm x 26.9 mm)
Case Material: Glass-filled polyetherimide
Earpiece Keypad: One button operation (On / Off / Mode Selection)
Case Keypad: One button operation (Charging Status)
RoHS Compliance: RoHS II
Weight Box containing charger, 2 earpieces, 4 pairs communications ear tips, cord, 3 AA batteries: 9.6 oz
Weight Charger: with batteries, 2 earpieces, and cord 7.0 oz
Weight: Charger 4.2 oz
Weight: 1 earpiece: 0.13 oz
Operating Temperature: Range 0 to 122°F (0 to 50°C)
Storage Temperature Range: 1 year at -4 to 68°F (-20 to 20°C), 3 months at -4 to 113°F (-20 to 45°C), 1 month at -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C)
Who are the 3M Peltor Ear Plugs meant for?
Peltor ear protection is a must-have in multiple situations. Whether you're shooting at an indoor or outdoor range, they are the best ear protectors to have on hand. Not only that, but they can also be incredibly useful for occupation environments where it's essential to both hear your co-workers and keep yourself safe from permanent hearing damage!
Will the TEP-100 fit my ears?
Three different-sized ear tips: Small, medium, and large options are provided in the purchase to guarantee a proper fit for everyone.
Are these useful for continuous high-level noises?
As certified by its Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 23dB, it provides unbeatable protection against hazardous continuous noises. Tested and verified to reduce noise levels from machinery, this product truly stands out amongst the rest.
Are replacement batteries available if your current ones no longer retain a charge?
The Tactical Ear Plugs charging case can be powered by easily replaceable AA batteries or a USB cable. Unfortunately, the internal battery within each earplug itself is not exchangeable--however, you can always purchase individual replacement earplugs if your current ones no longer charge up.
Undecided between ComTacs, other over-ear hearing protectors, and the 3M Peltor TEP-100s?
The TEP-100s possess up to 27 dB (or 30 dB with the Skull Screw ear tips) of attenuation, which means they can decrease a high decibel sound by that amount. Helicopters have noise levels as loud as 110 dB and gunshots go up to 140 dB, these ear protectors prove most useful since the hearing threshold of pain is 130 dB. Since the TEP-100s shield your ears effectively, they are an easy decision over the ComTacs when you compare ComTac VII's price at over double that of the Peltor TEP-100s.
The TEP-100s are also in-ear protection as opposed to over-ear protection which helps with sweating and sweat damage in hot and humid environments. This advantage makes the TEP-100 highly preferential over other padded headbands and other Bluetooth earmuffs.
Because the TEPs are in-ear and can be worn with helmets as well as over-ear protection, the TEP-100s and ComTacs could be worn together to provide extra protection in extreme environments with continuous high decibel levels.
Are the 3M Peltor Earbuds Rechargeable?
The 3M PELTOR TEP-100 earplugs are rechargeable. They can last up to 16 hours without being recharged. The device also has a charging case that can be powered by AA batteries and charged using a USB cable. Users can charge their devices up to five times before needing to replace the batteries or plug into the charger.
Are the 3M Peltor TEP 100 waterproof?
The TEP-100 Earplugs are IP67 compliant meaning they have been tested and proven to be waterproof, and dust and humidity resistant. The advanced engineering design ensures a tight seal around the ear to prevent moisture from entering while providing maximum comfort. The case also has a rubber seal making it water and dust resistant.
Should I add the 3M Skull Screws to my purchase?
The Skull Screw Ear Plugs have additional noise reduction to keep your hearing even safer in extreme environments or in situations where there are continuous high-level noises. This would apply to everything from construction yards to lawn mowing and everything in between.