Peltor ComTac V | All Colors & Models Available
Peltor ComTac V | All Colors & Models Available
The Peltor ComTac V: The Upgrade from ComTac III with All-New Features
- Our model comes with more advanced software. 3M has revolutionized the ComTac platform's audio customization abilities. Users can effortlessly access Balance Mode, Release Time, Volume Boost, and Equalizer functions (as outlined on pages 4-5 of the PELTOR ComTac V brochure).
- The 3M Peltor ComTac V has progressive omnidirectional microphones and elite speakers designed for optimized sound reproduction. Hear the exact direction far-off sounds are coming from. Audio quality that sounds more realistic than ever, immersing you in crystal clear clarity.
- Rubberized headband, perfect for those seeking an easily removable accessory. Not only is it perfect for converting to ARC adapters and back again with just a few clicks, but it's also designed to withstand even the harshest of maritime environments!
- With upgraded shielding surrounding the wiring and circuitry, equipped with the standardized TP-120 NATO U174/U94 w/ NATO wiring downlead cables that drastically minimize the nasty effects of electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency (RF), even from state-of-the-art radios.
Introducing The New ComTac 5 (V) Headsets
The 3M Comtac V headset is the perfect solution for any situation that requires clear communication and superior hearing protection. With its lightweight design, adjustable headband, and comfortable gel ear cushions, Comtac V provides an ideal fit that allows you to stay focused on your mission. It also features a secondary microphone port on the back of the headset, allowing for connection to oxygen systems (HAHO/HALO operations) and the 3M Scott First Responder Respirator (FRR).
The 3M Peltor ComTac V Hearing Defender Headset was designed specifically for members of the armed forces in combat, providing improved omnidirectional (360-degree hearing) microphone and speakers with increased sensitivity that significantly improve speech comprehension, enhancing hearing capabilities and reducing environmental noise. Backed by the renowned ruggedness of other 3M Peltor products, this electronic headset is robust enough to withstand even the toughest missions in any field environment.
The "talk-through" feature permits users to hear safe audio sounds while still protecting against hazardous noises. It has been tested according to ANSI S3.19-1974 and Impulse Noise Protection was verified at a 168dB peak SPL as per ANSI S12.42-2010 standards - making it one of the most reliable ear protection products available today!
Peltor ComTac V Defender and all other variants can be used with protective eyewear technology and will help keep them in place no matter what position your head is in. The ComTac V also offers communications interface options like a “Y” cable for use with the Joint Service General Purpose Mask (JSGPM) and dual COMM configurations to help manage cables more effectively.
In addition to this, ComTac 3M V is compatible with advanced 2-way audio comms radios such as those provided by Atlantic Signal, including single downlead headsets with 5-pin connectors, Centurion adapters for standard public safety radios, DUAL Invictus adapters that support two radios simultaneously, and Viper QUAD Comm control units designed to connect multiple assets and platforms. All the ComTac V range is a feature-rich hearing protection solution that delivers comfort, flexibility, and reliable communication.
Have any questions about adapters or connectors for the 3M Peltors' multiple options? Reach out to our support staff, and we can point you in the right direction.
Features & Specifications of the ComTac V (ComTac 5)
1. 3M Comtac V is a lightweight and comfortable headset designed to provide reliable hearing protection while allowing speech and sound recognition.
2. ComTac V Defenders and all other ComTac V models can be equipped with gel ear cushions that reduce pressure points, making it suitable for long-term use.
3. The Peltor ComTac V Dual Comm features a secondary radio port/lead (Dual Lead option) on the back of the headset for connection to oxygen systems (HAHO/HALO operations) and the 3M Scott First Responder Respirator (FRR).
4. ComTac V headphones offer communication cables for the Joint Service General Purpose Mask, with “Y” cable allowing operators to plug the headset into their PTT and provide a mic line connecting to the 3M respirator’s internal mask microphone.
5. Peltor ComTac V Single Comm and Dual Comm uses advanced communication management solutions, including a single downlead headset with a 5-pin connector to support connection to Dual and Multi COMM Communication Control Units (CCUs).
6. 3M ComTac V Single Comm and Dual Comm are compatible with common police and public safety radios via PTT adapters, which have a volume control as well as an auxiliary input for an optional smartphone connection.
7. Peltor ComTac 3M V Single and Dual Lead headset also supports the use of a Dual Invictus adapter that allows users to connect to two radios at the same time while routing audio separately in each ear and featuring an alligator clip that can be mounted on either side for left or right-handed operators.
8. For multi-platform communication management, 3M ComTac V provides Viper QUAD Comm – a fully programmable radio control unit supporting various military and public safety radios.
9 Lastly, all Comtac V models can be equipped with noise-canceling boom microphones that enable clear communications even in extreme conditions such as windy environments or extremely loud areas where normal conversation would not be audible without amplification of some kind.
FAQs for the ComTac Peltor V by 3M
What Comms-to-radio adapter/PTT (Push-to-talk) will I need for my radio?
First, you'll need the ComTacs with Single Lead or Dual Lead. The Defender option will not plug into radios (without an additional adapter and workaround). For radio setups, you'll basically match the adapter look to the adapter that you have. Some common examples:
- Common civilian radios: FL5035-02 for K1 plugs like Baofeng, Bendix King, Hytera, Kenwood, Relm, Wouxun
- FL5230-FM for Motorola HT750
- FL4063-02 for Motorola APX/XPR
- FL5063 or FL5063-02 for Motorola Turbo
- FL5018-02 for Motorola XTS
- FL5083-02 for Ericsson Jaguar 700P
- FL5078 for K2 plugs like Kenwood Multi-pin
- Common military radios: FL-U/94A-19, FL5601-02, or FL-U/94A for (AN/PRC-148 and AN/PRC-152 Nexus Radios) for Alan, Exelis, Harris, Thales 6-PIN MIL-C-55116 (Aka, 6-Pin Nexus)
- FL5701 for Dual Comms with 6-PIN MIL-C-55116
- Don't see your adapter type? Send us a picture of the radio's side where the plug is for help.
Image has K1 Plug on the top and 6-Pin on the bottom:
What communications interfaces does Peltor ComTac V have?
3M ComTac V has a variety of communication interface options including a "Y" cable for use with the Joint Service General Purpose Mask, Centurion adapters for common public safety radios, Dual Invictus adapters that support two radios simultaneously, and Viper QUAD Comms control units designed to connect multiple assets and platforms. Comtac V Comms also features a secondary microphone port on the back of the headset, allowing for connection to oxygen systems (HAHO/HALO operations) and the 3M Scott First Responder Respirator (FRR).
What is included in the box?
- 3M Peltor ComTac V Headset and Headband (pre-assembled)
- Boom Mic on Single Lead and Dual Lead options
- Instruction Manual
- (2) AAA Energizer Batteries
- (2) Attached Earcups
- (2) Waterproof Battery Covers
- Free Lifetime Manufacturing Defects Coverage from Atomic Defense
Which one? Peltor ComTac V Defender and Peltor ComTac V Single Comm for Sale Options:
Both the Peltor ComTac V Single Comm, Dual Comm, and the Peltor ComTac V Defender and Peltor SwatTac Vs are all able to be purchased on this page. The main difference you'll need to care about is simply how many radios you want to connect to this bad boy.
- 1 Radio? Get the ComTac V Single Comm (One/Single Lead) option.
- 2 Radios? Get the ComTac V Dual Comm (Two/Dual Lead) option.
- No Radios? Get the ComTac V Hearing Defender (No Lead) option.
- SwatTac? Just if you want black.
Does ComTac V offer gel ear cushion options?
Yes, Comtac V can be equipped with gel ear cushions that reduce pressure points, making it more suitable for longer-term use. Keep in mind that gel ear cushions will lower the dB cancellation rating by about 5%.
Can the ComTac 5 (Peltor ComTac V) connect to my smartphone?
Yes, you can connect your smartphone to the Peltor ComTac V headset. Add an adapter for 3.5mm audio jacks that will convert to Push-to-talk or plug.
Is it Peltor v or Peltor 5?
It's Peltor V. But, as you'll read further down, there are other options. We've even heard them called "Peltor 3M Peltor ComTac V" or just plain "Fives". However you say it, these Peltor Vs have been the backbone of US Military Comms for years.
Do these ComTacs use Bluetooth?
No, it is a common misconception that 3M Peltors use Bluetooth. ComTac 6 (VI) and ComTac 7 (VII) models use a near-field communications network (without any radios) that is similar to Bluetooth, but much different and more secure.
What kind of plug lead does the ComTac V use?
U/172 NATO (Nexus TP-120) is the single/double plug on the Dual Lead and Single Lead options that connect to PTT adapters for radios.
Is it Peltor ComTac 5 or Peltor ComTac V?
It is technically "3M Peltor ComTac V" followed by the lead and color option of your choice. More commonly used phrasings you will find in the field are ComTac 5s and ComTac Vs.
How long does the battery last in the 3M Peltor ComTac V?
The ComTac V headset is powered by two AAA batteries and has an average battery life of 150-200 hours. All models and colors feature auto power shutoff after 4 hours, helping to extend the overall battery life if you leave them on.